Renting a luxury villa in Sri Lanka will open the doors to this latest trendy and very alluring tourist destination. Formerly known as Ceylon, the island located south east of India is a country with a population of 20 million, and offers no less than 1330km (825 miles) of coastline.
With its tropical beaches lined with palm trees and coconut trees, its magnificent tea plantations, its spice gardens, its herds of wild elephants, its lush green flora and its temples, Sri Lanka is a fascinating country steeped in tradition. Renting a private property in Sri Lanka will satisfy travellers who are passionate about culture and discovering new places, though it will appeal just as much to holiday-makers looking for a quiet place to unwind. When staying in a luxury holiday villa, guests can alternate between relaxing beside the Indian Ocean and exploring the luscious jungle and mountainous countryside with a private chauffeur.
When renting a private property in Sri Lanka, people who love a quiet retreat will take great pleasure relaxing on their dream beach. Sports lovers will be kept busy with the numerous water sports available such as kitesurfing, diving and sailing. It is also possible and very easy to rent a fishing boat to sail offshore and bring back some exquisite fish which can be cooked up by the staff at the villa. The culinary specialities, the exotic fruit, the seafood and the spices will tantalise the tastebuds of any foodie. For the enjoyment of young and old, the national parks such as Uda Walawe have safaris to bring you up close with elephants, leopards and buffalo.
The main sites in Sri Lanka:
- The main towns are Colombo (the capital and main economic centre), Kandy and Galle.
- The South Coast: It takes an hour to get to Galle from Colombo. With its idyllic beaches, the charm of the small town of Galle and its fort make it an ideal base from which to explore the rest of the country. Most of our luxury rental villas are located here.
- Uda Walawe National Park: it rivals the wildlife parks in Africa for its herds of elephants. A safari to see the Sri Lankan fauna from this park is something you don’t want to miss.
- Kandy: The cultural capital of the island, it is home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth relic, said to be one of Buddha’s teeth.
- Arugam Bay: Has the longest break and is the most beautiful surfing spot in the country.
Bandaranaike International Airport is located 35km (21 miles) from Colombo. There are about fifteen airlines which fly to this airport, with services from Kuala Lumpur, Chennai, Dubai, Hong-Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Amman, Beijing, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Rome, London and Tokyo among others.